At Mereside Farm Children’s Nursery, we aim to provide a safe and secure setting that combines both educational and care needs with a personalised approach to each child, with all activities and curriculum offered being set around individual needs within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Our qualified, experienced and dedicated team ensures that each child’s chances of maximizing their potential are reached, with opportunities to experience all areas of learning, enabling children to create their own pathways and take the next steps within their developmental journey.
We believe strongly in the utilisation of technology and this is evident throughout the Nursery, with each room and every member of the team using tablet technology to record and track the progress of each child’s journey and progression against the Early Years Foundation Stage throughout their Nursery life, which is all shared with the parents via our parent portal.
Our Pre School room benefits from and uses interactive touch screen technology, which research proves assists in improved child participation, engagement, understanding and collaborative working.
Working in partnership with parents is paramount to children's learning and development, and at Mereside we recognise the importance of the partnership and strive to ensure a collaborative approach between home and nursery.
Each child is appointed a Key Person, who will be a crucial factor in the partnership, with parents benefiting from a reassuring familiar face on a daily basis, a clear point of first contact within the Nursery and someone to be able to feed back on a daily / session by session basis and deal with any concerns.
Other features of Mereside include;
- Adequate parking and drop off / collection spaces and facilities, all away from main roads.
- Daily activities planned in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Freshly cooked nutritious meals.
- Funded places for 2/3/4 year olds.
- Childcare vouchers accepted.
- Sensory facilities to support younger children and those with additional needs
- Open from 7.30 am until 6.00 pm, 51 weeks per year.
- Extensive outside play area, with access to the open countryside.
- Full and part time places available.
Fundamentally our aim is to offer great Early Years learning opportunities, and become the Nursery of Choice within the Shirley & Solihull area.
The following three areas listed below are all as crucial as one another in helping us meet / exceed our objective and provide you with the excellent service and memories that you wish for;
- Happy & educated children – if we are assisting in the learning and progression of your children and provide excellent customer service to parents, we are confident this will lead to the continued referrals the Nursery already receives.
- Happy & content staff – the happiness and contentment of our staff will have an impact and knock on effect to the children in their learning, education and happiness, ultimately aiding the achievements of both points 1 and 3.
- To satisfy and comply with all legislation
Please explore our web site and we hope you enjoy and find what you are looking for. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly.